We are actively seeking a new member of staff to join our team, please read the attached article.
Auction Porter Trainee Valuer
Bourne End Auction Rooms are recruiting a new member of staff to assist with the smooth running of a busy established auction house, processing approx. 500 LOTS every week.
The role itself is varied and interesting; the successful applicant will meet and greet customers, help with customer enquiries, write listings/descriptions for our weekly auctions, whilst maintaining a clean, presentable auction house.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, who is interested in fine art and furniture and who would also like to progress within a fast paced and growing business. The role would suit an experienced auction porter or a person with a genuine interest in antiques / auction rooms, who wants to learn and help the business to grow. The successful candidate will be given training and support to develop and grow your expertise within your chosen field.
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Answering phone and helping with enquiries
- Moving stock in and out of sale room
- Updating internet portals and social media
- Offering valuations and estimates to customers
- Identifying, labelling and photographing auction items
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- An interest in antiques / auctions would be advantageous, but not essential
- No formal qualifications required, however, a good standard of maths and English is essential
- Computer literate
- Team worker
- Working to tight deadlines and using own initiative
- Keen and eager to learn
- Drive and ambition to further your career
Hours of work is Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30pm with Saturday mornings required (9-12) and late night working on Tuesday until 7pm although flexibility will be required to help the team complete deadlines
£6 - £8 per hour, overtime at time and a half, free parking, twice yearly bonus, in-house training, 20 days holiday + bank holidays
Please send your CV and covering letter for attention of Hugo at email@example.com